Detox Drink: Anti-Inflammatory Morning Elixir
When looking at healthy eating, we often spend too much time focusing on what we need to cut out of our diet rather than what we should eat more of.
Lyda, from The PrimalRabbit.com has created a great detox drink that will help rid the body of all the nasty toxins we may have taken in over the bank holiday weekend while also adding some solid ingredients that will benefit our health.
Lyda Borgsteijn from The Primal Rabbit created this delicious Morning Elixir.
She says: “I cannot advocate fresh herbs and spices enough in your daily routine – it’s one of the easiest ways to get a massive vitamin/nutrient/antioxidant boost without any added bulk/calories or real effort. Everything tastes so much nicer with herbs! There’s no excuse.”
“Bit by bit, this drink is becoming a daily habit and hopefully soon just a passive part of my routine.”
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 pieces of turmeric, grated
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1 lemon, chopped
- 1 big jug of water
- Ceylon Cinnamon
- Cayenne Pepper
- Fresh herbs like mint leaves or you could steep a few herbal tea bags in 1 cup of water and cool for added flavour.
- It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3… just chop and prepare everything and fling it in the jug.
- Top up with water.
- Let the mixture sit for 1/2 hour (upwards to overnight in the fridge) and enjoy as needed. I aim for one glass before each meal OR at the very least, first thing in the morning.
Other examples of healthy extras include:
Herbs, Spices, Vitamins, Minerals, Phytonutrients, Good Fats, Anti-Inflammatory Foods, Antioxidants, Superfoods, Sleep, Meditation, Movement, Body Brushing and so on…