RSVP Magazine

Mother left fighting for life after eating nachos from petrol station

A mother has been left paralysed and fighting for her life after eating nachos from petrol station.

33 year old Lavinia Kelly, is one of five victims who weas left paralysed and unable to breathe or speak, after they contracted botulism from nacho cheese from a petrol station.

According to the Mirror, the incident took place in Sacramento, California, and Lavinia was on her way home from work when she stopped to get petrol, and bought a bag of Dorito crisps and drizzled them with nacho cheese.

Within hours she started getting double vision, vomiting and was admitted to intensive care.

Doctors diagnosed botulism, a rare and highly dangerous bacterial infection which can be fatal.

Her partner Ricky Torres told The Sacramento Bee:

“We just don’t understand why this happened over a bag of chips and nacho cheese. Really? How does that happen?”

The family are taking legal action against the petrol station.

Read More: Penneys bridal range has hit stores

Have you added us on Snapchat yet? Simply screenshot the icon and open it in the Snapchat app on your phone.

0 Comment

Leave a comment