RSVP Magazine

Passenger left burned after her headphones explode on flight

via Australian Transport Safety Bureau

A passenger was left burned after her headphones exploded on a flight from Beijing to Melbourne.

The passenger was listening to music using a pair of her own battery-operated headphones when the incident occurred.

According to the Australian Transport Safety Bereau (ATSB), around 2 hours into the flight the passenger, who was sleeping at the time, heard a loud explosion.

“As I went to turn around I felt burning on my face,” she said. “I just grabbed my face which caused the headphones to go around my neck.”

She then grabbed the headphones off, throwing them onto the floor of the plane, saying that they were on fire and were sparking.

“As I went to stamp my foot on them the flight attendants were already there with a bucket of water to pour on them. They put them into the bucket at the rear of the plane,” she explained.

Passengers had to sit through the smell of melted plastic, burnt electronics and burnt hair for the rest of the flight.

“People were coughing and choking the entire way home,” said the woman.

According to the ATSB it is most likely that the batteries in the headphones caught fire.

This is so scary.

Have you added us on Snapchat yet? Simply screenshot the icon and open it in the Snapchat app on your phone.

 

 

 

0 Comment

Leave a comment