Remembering Sex And The City
We couldn’t quite believe it when we discovered that Sex And The City finished up ten years ago this week.
Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda were much loved by women the world over. As they made their way through Manhattan in their Manolos sipping on cosmopolitans, stumbling from one dating disaster to the next, they dispensed many pearls of wisdom and hilarious one-liners that we can all identify with. Below are a few of our favorite quotes just to remind of us how amazing these gals really were.
1. ‘I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet.’
2. ‘I’m not even sure bisexuality exists. I think it’s just a layover on the way to Gay Town.’
3. ‘Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us and understand us and kiss our three heads and make it all better’
4. ‘I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.’
5. ‘I’ve done the merry go round I’ve been through the revolving door I feel like I met somebody I can stand still with for a minute and… don’t you wanna stand still with me?’
6. ‘I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.’
7. ‘They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.’
8. ‘Life gives you lots of chances to screw up which means you have just as many chances to get it right.’
9. ‘After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away.’
10. ‘Shopping is my cardio.’
11. ‘When men attempt bold gestures, generally it’s considered romantic. When women do it, it’s often considered desperate or psycho.’
12. ‘It’s like the riddle of the Sphinx… why are there so many great unmarried women, and no great unmarried men?’
13. “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you that you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”