#Simple Christmas Cake From Odlums
What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 175g/6oz Margarine or Butter (room temperature)
- 175g/6oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- Rind of 1 Lemon
- Rind of 1 Orange
- ½ teaspoon Mixed Spice
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Whiskey (optional)
- 500g Pack Shamrock Luxury Fruit Mix
- 100g Tub Shamrock Cherries
- 100g Tub Shamrock Mixed Peel
- 100g Pack Shamrock Chopped Almonds
- 100g Pack Shamrock Ground Almonds
- Preheat oven to 120°C/220°F/Gas 1/2. Line a deep 19 cm / 8″ round or 18 cm / 7″ square cake tin with a double layer of baking parchment.
- Place all the Ingredients from Lot 1 into a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Mix Lot 2 Ingredients together and add to Lot 1. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared tin. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 4-5 hours approximately. Check at intervals after 2 1/2 hours.
- Leave cake in the tin until cold.
- To decorate: Brush with heated jam or honey and cover with almond paste or marzipan. Leave for 24 hours to “set”.
- Brush almond paste or marzipan with a little alcohol and cover with ready to roll icing.
- Decorate as liked.