Ten Things Women Do That Turn Men Off
It’s undeniable that women can be seriously hard to read and figure out. We’re probably so confusing to men, and the way we think is completely different to the way we think.
Sometimes we try so hard to impress men that we end up turning them off, and here’s how:
1. Not being honest. This seems pretty basic. Trust is the most important thing in a relationship and if you don’t have that, you don’t have anything. This is Relationship 101. Next!
2. Excessive self-centeredness. It’s good to love yourself, but maybe try to refrain from shifting yourself in the mirror every morning. (Just some mornings.)
3. Pretending to be stupid to get attention. You’re not stupid, so don’t play.
4. Pretending to be clumsy. I guess not every lad wants to date a tipsy Zooey Deschanel. Clumsy can be cute, but only if it comes to you naturally.
5. Being on your phone all the time. Actually caring about Snapchat or Instagram enough that it impedes real life is a huge turn off for lads. So if you’re heartbroken that you didn’t get those 11 likes on Instagram, there’s no point in mentioning it to you boy.
6. Trying to get him to act jealous. That said, we’ve read a relationship advice book once that said it’s imperative to make a lad a little jealous so he’ll put a ring on it. We think Beyoncé wrote it.
7. Playing hard to get. Wanting a man to work for it is a no-no? Although, honestly, if he isn’t willing to try a little, was it ever even worth it?
8. Lying about your wants. If you know where you want to eat, don’t tell him to decide and then pout when it’s not what you want. Just say you want Supermacs. You always want Supermacs. (Don’t worry, he does too.)
9. Narrow-mindedness. Seems fair. Judge not, lest you be judged, love everyone, just be chill, etc.
10. But also, being too open-minded. What can I say? Guys are complicated, emotional creatures. They don’t know what they want.