Five Advantages of Strength Training
Whether you’re a budding athlete or just somebody trying to get fit and strong, a 5×5 (5 sets and 5 Reps) strength cycle is a fantastic training method for anybody at a beginner/intermediate level to help increase their strength, stability and develop perfect form of the big 4 compound exercises (Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press and Shoulder Press). Doing a 6-10 week strength program specifically designed for you has a huge amount of benefits over just a standard strength and conditioning program.
5 Advantages of Strength Training (5×5);
- Strengthens the joints, ligaments and tendons – 5×5 training effectively strengthens your joints, ligaments and tendons. Extra stress put on the bones and muscles around the joint help strengthen the ligaments and tendons in the joint, which will increase your stability of that joint, reducing the risk of osteoporosis as we get older.
- Increases strength and muscle growth- This will enhance performance in sport, the gym and in everyday activities. Strength training will also result in your muscle looking much firmer and better defined as it helps increase the density of your muscle without adding much size.
- Boost Metabolism- Strength training raises your metabolism long after your workout. This is because it puts large amounts of stress (in a good way) on your body and therefore needs more time to recover. As your body recovers it burns more calories as it repairs the muscle fibre you have torn.
- Posture- Bad posture is usually caused by muscular imbalances. 5×5 training helps strengthen the muscles associated with correct posture, helping to improve it.
- Flexibility- By doing full range of motion compound exercises such as Deadlift and Back Squat, it will improve your flexibility as your body is forced to adjust and strengthen to heavy weighted positions your body is not used to. Increased flexibility helps prevent injuries.
Before starting any 5×5 stregth program we would always recommend talking to a personal trainer so they can make sure your form is at a standard that is suitable to start a 5×5 strength cycle. Any 5×5 strength program must be specifically designed for your individual level of strength. Train smart and safe.
Twitter – here
Website – here