The Perfect Christmas Chocolate Pudding From Odlums
What you need:
For The Pudding:
- 125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 125g/4oz Butter (softened)
- 125g/4oz Caster Sugar
- 2 large Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 125g /4oz Plain Chocolate (melted)
- 50g Shamrock Pecan Nuts (chopped)
- 15ml/1 tbsp Milk
For The Sauce:
- 125g/4oz Plain Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 25g/1oz Butter
- 30ml/2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2. Butter and line the base of a 900ml/1½ pint pudding bowl with a circle of greaseproof paper or butter wrapper.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs a little at a time (add a spoonful of flour if the mixture begins to curdle).
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder and fold into the mixture with the melted chocolate, chopped pecans and milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the bowl and cover with a round of greased and pleated greaseproof paper tied securely with fine string. Cover with pleated foil.
- Steam for 1½-2 hours (see directions below) until the pudding is risen and firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- For the chocolate sauce, place all the ingredients in a heat-proof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. Remove from the heat and stir to make a smooth sauce.
- Turn the pudding out on to a plate, while warm. Pour over some of the chocolate sauce and serve the remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!
For more delicious recipes visit www.odlums.ie