Recipe: Delicious Banana And Blueberry French Toast
If you’re looking for something yummy but easy to make this Easter weekend then we have the perfect recipe for you. It only takes ten minutes, though you’ll probably demolish it in two…
Cully & Sully have an amazing recipe wall with both savoury and sweet suggestions. We love their recipe for their delicious banana and blueberry french toast, it’s easy to make but still delicious.
Here’s how to make it…
- Peel the banana and mash in a bowl.
- Add the blueberries and the honey and mix together.
- Crack the eggs into a separate, shallow bowl and beat with a fork.
- Put the slices of bread into the egg and turn so that each side soaks up the egg.
- Put the bread slices onto a plate and smear the fruit mixture onto one side of each ‘sandwich’, leaving a little gap round the edges.
- Put the other slices of bread on top and press down.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the eggy sandwiches and press down.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes and when golden brown, turn over and do the same on the other side of each sandwich.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with a dollop of yoghurt or crème fraiche and a few more blueberries.
- 4 slices white bread
- A good handful of blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs (roughly 1 egg per slice of bread)
- Natural yoghurt or crème fraiche, to serve.